Monday, February 3, 2020

Slappin' da bass...


If you said, "A quote from Paul Rudd's character in the movie "I Love You, Man, 2009," you get 500 bonus points.

Making more music again today.  A cool day here in the desert; we warmed up our fingers and vocal chords with a few easy tunes.  Then worked on a complicated one.  Then, our first time at recording since we've been here.  We laid down a scratch track, then started setting up to get some other tracks.  I got out my drums and put down a drum track.  Generally, when I'm recording, I'll do a drum and bass track first.  I asked Mark if he'd like to do the bass track...


That's a big, "Yep."  We then moved on to a piano track.  Followed with a sax solo (synth).  It was interesting for me to do recording set up while someone else played.  I enjoyed it.

We ran out of time for the vocal and guitar tracks - next time we get together.

It is great to be able to do this together and sound ideas off of each other... it expands the creative process. 

No music tomorrow - I worked up the nerve to ask out this pretty blonde chick.  She said, "Yes."  I'm taking her to a movie.  I think she may be "the one."  ;-)


No comments: