Sunday, February 2, 2020

Super...


We got out on the scoots today, before going to Steph and Dan's place for our Super Bowl Food Extravaganza.

Joan needed something specific for the sewing project she and Cindy are working on.  She called a place that was open on Sunday morning, they had it, and we decided to head off for some urban cruising.  This place was about 40 minutes away, and when we got there, it was closed.  She called the place again and found out they have another (larger) operation... which is where her first call went.  She had used Google to get the address - it sent us to the wrong location.



All good, we had time and I used Waze on my phone to route us to the other place.  Off we went.  When we got there, Joan went in while I stayed with the scoots...


It turned out to be a good couple hours of "urban cruising."  I was getting hungry while heading for home and asked Joan if she wanted to try a chicken sandwich at Popeye's (I've heard about them, never had one.) - she was anxious to get home to work on some food prep for our get together with Steph and Dan.  Not a problem for me; we headed for home, I put my Vespa in its parking place, then took Joan's scoot to Popeye's.

Each time I ride her scoot I am reminded on what a great bike that Xmax is.  Truly, the Vespa is a better fit for me, but I certainly understand why Joan is excited about that Yamaha.  And... a big ol' thumbs up from me on the Popeye's chicken sandwich.  Yes, I did save some for Joan, and she concurs.  Another option when you don't feel like fighting the traffic to Chick-fil-A.

Off to Steph and Dan's to watch the Super Bowl.  And eat.  Joan and Steph both contributed dishes; Dan and I supplied belly space.  The food was great.  Yes, we were done eating before the kick-off.  Well, except the dessert Steph made.

I went back to the coach just before half time to feed Rufus and spend some time with the furry boy.  Yes, I was able to watch Shakira shake her hips and JLo work the pole;  apparently, they sang, too.

Back to Steph and Dan's in time to watch the second half.  8 minutes left in the 4th, and San Francisco is head by 10.  I don't really care who wins... I have no money on this game, and I'm here for the food and the commercials.  My pick for Best Commercial: the Reeces Take 5, with the guy with his head... well, I won't spoil it if you didn't see the commercial.  It's super.  ;-)  The Jeep commercial with Bill Murry on Groundhog's Day and the Jason Mamoa commercial for Rocket Mortgage tie for second.

On edit: Kansas City Chiefs had a fine comeback, beating the 49ers 31 to 20.




No comments: