Monday, June 8, 2009

Changing Gears

We are back home. Today, we put the 5th wheel in storage and got the boat out. I'd love to say that the water was great and we had dolphins dancing all around the boat... but, I took it from storage to Cougar Marine for service. Nothing broke, the boat was due for service before we left, and they couldn't get us in. Mike, the mechanic, is a good guy and allows me to help. We didn't get everything done today, so I'll be making the 40 mile drive back there tomorrow... hopefully the work can be completed and I can bring the boat back and get her launched. The weather has been warm, and I am anxious to get some time on the water.

It was bittersweet putting the HitchHiker away this morning. We don't have room at our house for it, so it needed to go into storage so we can get the boat out... but, we have really enjoyed traveling around with the HitchHiker. Very home-like, very comfortable.

It was interesting making the switch this morning. When we first got Wild Blue, it seemed huge behind the truck. The HitchHiker is longer, taller, and weighs more... noticeably more. With the 5th wheel pin right over the rear axle of the truck, it tows great. The boat also seemed to have shrunk when I went inside... no big slide-outs!

Different conveyances for different ways to travel... and I'm really looking forward to getting back out there again.

No comments: