Thursday, July 9, 2009

Lots of boats...

Another beautiful morning in the Tropical Tip. It was dark as I headed out to the ship channel; must be a fishing tournament - about a dozen small fishing boats zoomed by me. Once into the channel, I came across this freighter...


He was followed by this ocean tug...


Heading into the jetties, I caught this shrimp boat with the sunrise...


Out into the Gulf and the sun a bit higher, this workboat made a good silhouette...


The haze turned into a wispy fog as I came back in; here's South Padre Island...


There were sportfishers and excursion boats coming out as I came back in. I followed this small ship into the ship channel...


Back home, a trip into the Valley to pick up a small air conditioner for the boat, and the afternoon getting it set up. Not a bad way to pass the day.

No comments: