Thursday, November 19, 2009

Allowing Plenty of Time...

We hauled Wild Blue to the storage lot. The plan: put some Damp-Rid in the boat, make sure all the covers are on, then take the 5th wheel home. The reality: Joan asked, “Did you drain the water heater?”

“Nope, but I will right now.”

As I locked the boat, I thought to myself, “Self, that’s strange... there should be some water on the ground from the water heater. Hmmmm, does that drain into the bilge or the shower box.” I unlocked the door and peeked inside. Yep, it overflowed the shower box. Yeah, I had the battery turned off. “Oh, $%^&!”

I turned on the battery... nothing. Joan started mopping up the water and pulled up the carpet runner. I went back to the batteries and turned the switch to put the power to the other batteries... nothing. I went to the switches on the helm... nothing. Joan continues towelling up the water. In between swearing, I went back to the electrical buss and found a breaker that wasn’t quite closed. I flipped it off, then on... and we have power to the bilge pump and the shower box pump! That still doesn’t make up for all the water that ran into the cabin, but it gets it out faster. I went to the 5th wheel for more towels.

While Joan worked on the water situation in the boat, I took the truck around and hooked up to the HitchHiker. By the time I brought it around, Joan had the boat ready to be closed up. Yeah, that was fun... not.

We hauled the 5th wheel back to Port Isabel, stopped for lunch, then parked it in the spot where the boat had been.

Let the loading begin.

No comments: