Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Boat Name...

I considered calling Wild Blue by the name of Bill Bailey today... 'cuz she is back where she belongs: in the water, at our dock. It seems like it's been a long time coming... the red tide here changed our plans a bit. It has now moderated to the point where you can stand to be out on the water.

It was a busy day today... first thing this morning, I took the boat to San Benito for some service work (oil change, lower unit lube change, grease up the motor lift). I was in and out of there in a bit over an hour... and less than a "boat buck".

Then back home to get the boat back in the water. We always do this together, but Joan is visiting her Mother right now, so I launched the boat solo. The toughest part is the logistics of getting the boat and truck/trailer back to the house once they have parted. I had that done in time to take care of Izzy for her noon feeding. Nice to have the boat back in the water.


Then it was off to Brownsville (the other direction) to get a trailer tire worked on... we've had a pesky slow leak on one of the tires. I got to the tire shop during the lunch hour and expected to have to wait a while... they had me out of there in less than 15 minutes and no charge; there was a very small crack in the valve stem.

I put the trailer back in storage and came home to clean the boat and get things arranged inside. I finished that in time for Izzy's 5:00 meal... and decided to take the boat to the fuel dock and then a short cruise. I turned on the dock lights, knowing it would be after dark before I came back. The sun set while I was at the fuel dock, but I did manage this shot of the pretty evening sky as I pulled away...

A good day... beautiful weather (sunny, light breeze, low humidity, high around 80ยบ) and a lot accomplished.

No comments: