Monday, November 2, 2009

Boat Play...

With the red tide, I haven't been overly excited about getting Wild Blue out... well, today it was just more than I could take. I drove to the storage lot, strapped that pretty boat down, took covers off, hooked up the trailer and pulled her home. Not into the water, yet - I scheduled some service on her for tomorrow. But I am MORE than ready.



When I pulled up to our place, my next door neighbor (who recently bought a boat) came out to see if I needed him to spot for me as I backed the boat in. I asked him how he was doing with the new boat... "Well, I have a lot to learn. Will you go out with me sometime?"

"Sure, how about NOW?"

10 minutes later, we were shoving off from his boat lift. He has a new Dargel... certainly different from what I'm used to, but a nice boat for the shallow waters around here. I talked him through rotating the boat in the canal and we headed for the ICW. I pointed out places he could take his wife for anchoring out for a nice picnic lunch. We then went around to the ship channel, where I pointed out a couple more coves. We went as far out in the jetties as he was comfortable with, then turned around and headed towards home. We discussed nav aids along the way, some Rules of the Road, and paused for a bit to enjoy the dolphins playing nearby.


Yeah, I needed that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you got on the water.