Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Fused...

We rolled into the RV park, north of Dallas. While putting the landing gear down, they stopped a half degree from level... wouldn't go up or down. I pulled out the manual to troubleshoot and gave James at NuWa service a call to see if there was a procedure (check this first, then this, etc). The in-line fuse holder seemed to be... um, fused closed. I pried it open and broke the fuse in the process, so I couldn't visually check to see if that was the problem. Got out the multi-meter and checked... no voltage at the fuse connection. James suggested I open the connection for the switch and check voltage there. Before doing that, I shorted the connection at the fuse... nothing. I scraped the connection and checked it again... 13.2 volts! I shorted the connection again and the landing gear made that familiar noise! Yeah, this beats replacing the motor. We are here to visit with Joan's Mother, so on the way to her place, I stopped at an auto supply place to get some 30 amp fuses and another fuse holder (yeah, I have all that stuff... in the boat. Roll Eyes). Tomorrow I will replace that fuse holder and see if that takes care of it.

No comments: