Saturday, November 7, 2009

Upgrades...

In between running the boat, we made another trip into "the big city" on Friday to check out the new Verizon Droid... my current phone is in dire need of being replaced. I've been wanting an iPhone, but with the Verizon ads (iDon't and We have a map for that) it's pretty clear that Verizon and Apple aren't going to come together anytime soon. So, the Droid is V's newest offering to compete. Friday was the release date, and I brought a new one home. After playing with it for a while, I'm very pleased with the performance and capabilities.

Today, I took it out on the boat... yep, it's easy to browse the internet while cruising, check weather, check the moon phase, send an e-mail, took some photos with the 5 meg camera... oh, and you can make phone calls with it, too. ;-)

There is somewhere in the vicinity of 12,000 apps currently available... probably about 11,990 more than I'll need. With the Google involvement in the open OS, I have no doubt that there will soon be many more apps to play with.

The internet speed is better than I expected... should be a good traveling tool.

No comments: