Sunday, December 27, 2009

BS...

I've gotten some private messages about... cat clothes.


On the subject of "cat clothes": Unlike Steph's cat who was not pleased at all with her "designer" t-shirt, Izzy didn't seem bothered by the sweater. Joan has been concerned about Izzy being cold. Izzy's fur is fine and silky... and she does not like going out when it's cold. Yesterday (day 2 with the sweater) - Izzy waits patiently by the door when I get the leash out. She seemed fine when Joan put the sweater on her and trotted right outside, even though it was chilly. I am in the "animals don't need clothes" camp. More like: "animals are embarrassed by clothes" camp... but, again I was outvoted. Not sure how that happens, since there are two voting members in this coach... one would think "unanimous or a tie" (I was a math major)... but, no. On the boat, there is the tradition of the sea where the captain's decision is law... apparently there is no such directive on land? Of course, I am kidding... I am frequently outvoted on the boat, too.

When I have tried to walk Izzy when it's cold (BS - Before Sweater), she takes a few steps, looks up at me and says, "Uh, uh," and runs back to the door. May just be coincidence. Apparently, little Izzy has the same tolerance for cold that I have.

This all may have come about when Izzy met Snack (the little Yorkie) this summer on the Erie Canal. Snack wore ribbons in her hair and had a wardrobe that would make Barbie jealous.


Best wishes for a wonderful 2010!

No comments: