Saturday, February 13, 2010

Sunrise Cruise...

This is the first time in a while that I’ve been out before sunrise on the boat. Easy to see why it’s my favorite time of the day. Here’s a look at the sky just before the sun came up.


Out in the ship channel, I watched the sky go through an entire palette of colors. The glow was almost surreal looking with the light refracting along the clouds and the smooth water.


Yes, there were dolphins. They were moving slowly... must be a Saturday morning kinda thing.
I ran Wild Blue into the jetties, with the idea of heading out into the Gulf. I changed my mind when I saw the “marching elephants” - the waves out on the horizon that were stirred up still from the big winds we’ve had the past couple days. I think the bay will be just fine this morning.
I ran north in the Laguna. The sun was getting higher when I ran under the causeway... and the clouds streaked the sky. Not as dramatic as the early morning, but still worth the time to sit back and admire.


North in the small boat channel along the island. There is still reconstruction going on from the hurricane a year and a half ago. Some new docks, a couple rebuilt homes, and the shell of some former beautiful places. This is one of my favorite lazy cruises... the entire channel is a No Wake Zone, so slow-going.


On the way back south, I captured this image of this Great Egret, working the shallows. It’s been a while since I worked up an image with some art effects... this simple composition lent itself well to that.

No comments: