Monday, February 1, 2010

Black Sheep of the Family...

Only one more shopping day until Ground Hog’s Day!

We got a call from my cousin Dennis today. He runs a carnival; he wanted to visit Port Isabel and have lunch - it’s always a treat to see him. During the course of lunch, I asked him if I could get a job with the carnival this summer... he turned me down, saying that I wouldn’t be able to “handle the work” and he didn’t like hiring family. I even offered to learn to swear more and pull out one of my front teeth. Still no.

When I was a kid, I would occasionally work in one of the booths for his Mother... hey, I could make change when I was 10 years old and run a snow cone or cotton candy machine. And now, I am apparently so hard-core unemployable that I can’t get a job with the carnival??? Sad.

After we parted company with Dennis and his wife, we came home... and Joan and I parted company: she went to the Post Office and the store, I went to visit my dolphin friends on Wild Blue.

No photos of Joan’s adventure at Walgreens, but here is a look at some of what I saw today. It was a cloudy day, but the temp was in the 60s and not much wind... actually, a very pretty afternoon on the water.

No comments: