Sunday, March 7, 2010

SSE and gusty...

Yesterday was a beautiful day: sunny, temp in the 70s, breezy, but not too much so. And I got to spend most of the day at our annual owners association meeting. We re-elected the same folks and spent way too much time discussing how to spend money the association doesn't have on a project that most of the people aren't in favor of. In other words: a wasted of a really good day.

Today was overcast and strong gusty winds. It looks cold out, but the temp is again in the 70s. I got out on the boat for a few hours this morning... didn't seen another recreational boat out there. The strong winds had the bay and ship channel churned up, but "with the windshield wipers keepin' time," it was a very pleasant ride.


I heard an incoming shrimper contact the dredge that's working in the ship channel. The dredge operator told him which side to pass on. Shortly after that, one of the Homeland Security boats (also Customs and Border Protection) roared by us. Yep, I'm guessing that shrimper is going to get a visit.


As I started back in the ship channel, I did see two kayakers on the water. Well, not exactly ON the water... they were dragging their kayaks along the shore. One way to get out of the lumpy waves.

Can't say I blame him one bit.

Wild Blue needed a very thorough cleaning when I got home - there was salt spray all the way to the top of the radar dome. Sure beats sitting through an owners meeting. ;-)

No comments: