Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Hi Ho Hi Ho...


It's off to work we go. The marina manger called, asking if we could come any earlier for our summer jobs. Yep; so we'll be wrapping up our time in the Black Hills and heading west.

The severe weather from the last post did some damage in western South Dakota, including nearby flooding. BIG gusts during the evening and night rocked the HitchHiker. No damage to us, but the 50+ mph gusts and heavy thunderstorms made for a restless night

I got out on the motorcycle yesterday and stopped to visit an old sailing buddy, Steve. He couldn't wait to show me his newest "toy" - a Porsche Boxster S. What a gorgeous car and an amazing performer. He said, "You just have to drive this..."

I told him, "I don't have room in my life for a sports car right now." But, what a machine!

We had supper with Steve and Jan, then went back to their place to go over some charts for an upcoming trip Steve will be doing to the San Juan Islands. It's one of our favorite places to cruise, so we were able to give them tips on places to check out. It got me excited, just talking about the area. If we were not going to do these summer jobs, I'm sure we'd be heading to the PNW for the summer.

But, we are excited about our up-coming summer experience. Heading out tomorrow.

A friend on the C-Brats drove through the Colter Bay area and got a photo of my summer "office"...


Not as stylish as Wild Blue, but designed for a purpose - scenic cruise boat. I'm looking forward to seeing it in person.

Remember when you were a kid and you were excited about going to summer camp? Or when you got to be a teenager and you could get a summer job? This is going to work out well, since I seem to be entering my third childhood.

No comments: