Thursday, May 20, 2010

Just one of those days...

When you're retired, out in your HitchHiker, and staying at a great RV resort, it should all be rosy, right? Every once in a while, you get one of those days. It started with a service appointment I scheduled for the cargo trailer... it has a broken rear stabilizer jack. I told them what I needed when I made the appointment. When I rolled in today, cargo trailer in tow, I went into the service area... and the service guy didn't know anything about my appointment. I showed him where it was in his book... the ONLY appointment on the page today.

After he left me waiting for about an hour, he came out and said, "Your stabilizer is broke."

"I know that. That's why I made an appointment with you - to get the broken stabilizer replaced. The owner told me it would only take 15 or 20 minutes."

He said, "We ain't got another stabilizer. You wanna leave the trailer and we'll replace it when we get one?"

"No, I will take my trailer. When will you have another one?" I asked (biting my tongue)

"Maybe Tuesday. We always have them. I guess we sold the last one."

When I got back to the 5th wheel, WITH my cargo trailer, I parked it and took Joan for lunch. We decided on pizza. New girl (woman, not girl)... I repeated my order 4 times... it must have been pretty complicated: a pizza with pepperoni, hamburger, and green olive. She kept writing green pepper... repeatedly. Yep, it came out with green peppers. I was really hungry. Not that big of a deal... they made us another pizza.

Back at the coach, I decided to take the motorcycle out for a ride. The wind has been blowing like stink, but I'll be wearing a leather jacket and a helmet and riding twisty roads... the wind shouldn't be a problem. There's a great motorcycle road nearby... I was cranking the bike through the gears, leaning into the curves... not another vehicle on this back road. Yeah, I was exceeding the speed limit a bit; but I was never acting crazy... just blowing out the cobwebs and reducing the blood pressure. And then one vehicle in my rear view mirrors... and gaining on me. You might think I would tell you it was a police car... but, no. It was a minivan. Here I was, working the bike, enjoying the feel of the bike... and there was a minivan gaining on me!

Yeah, I was having one of those days. embarrassed

When I got back, I took Izzy for a walk in the grass. I was getting cold from the wind and told her it was time for us to go home (she knows that phrase)... she hissed at me! Not a casual, over-the-shoulder little hiss, but a growly, pissy, hissssssssssssssssssssss!

Sigh.

No comments: