Monday, August 2, 2010

Interesting days...

We have been very busy the past couple days.

There was a strong storm that blew through on Friday night. Saturday morning on the breakfast cruise, I saw something was amiss as I pulled the boat up to the dock on Elk Island... no boarding steps! They must have blown off the dock during the storm. The cruise boat sits several feet above the dock, so we lifted and helped people climb down off the boat. I may start charging by the pound instead of by the hour. ;-) I called in the situation, and the manager came out with the rescue boat with our diver onboard. While the guests ate breakfast, the diver jumped in, found the stairs, hooked a line to them, and we hauled them up onto the dock. He celebrated with a backflip off the top of my cruiseboat...

It is uncanny how similar Scott and I are in physique.


Great cruises and guests the rest of the day. Another thunderstorm blew in during the afternoon, and I used my Droid with a radar app to pick the safest route around. Love the technology.

Sunday morning, I was treated to these views when I arrived at the marina...


During the day, I deviated from our normal cruise route and took the boat into Moran Bay... swung the boat around, turned off the engines, and let the guests really take in the beauty and majesty of being up close and personal with these mountains...


One of the guests took my photo with Moran in the background... well, sorta - she did get my head in there when I went back to the aft cockpit to point out a few things...


We also cruise by an eagles nest, but don't often see them there. We were treated to eagles all day long on Sunday. Quite a treat...

3 comments:

Charlie-Captain's Cat said...

"It is uncanny how similar Scott and I are in physique."

In what way Jim? In that you've both got feet and hands?? (:>)

Charlie

Charlie-Captain's Cat said...

The cruise boat sits several feet above the dock

Couldn't wait for the tide to go out??

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi Charlie,
You don't notice the similar build??? And, regarding the tide: it might take a month or more while we wait for the "tide" as the water goes out the dam. Oh, and with a floating dock, it won't matter. ;-)