Saturday, August 7, 2010

Weasels...

Well, you've heard me talk of the "weather weasels" often here... I'm a bit of a weather nerd and when you spend time on the water, weather is always on your mind. But, no; I'm talking about the weaselly, nasty animals.

Joan got off work before me yesterday and had let Izzy out on her leash... not walking her, just hooked up to the stairs on the coach. She checks on Izzy regularly and never closes the solid door. At one point she looked out and there were two long-tailed animals moving towards Izzy... ON the patio mat! Joan ran them off and brought Izzy inside.

When I got home, Joan described the animals to me. "Sounds like weasels," I said. "They can be NASTY! Izzy may be scrappy, but she wouldn't stand a chance against them." We got out my Yellowstone Eco-system Animal/Bird Identifier, and Joan picked the long-tailed weasels out of "the line-up."

"That's what was on the mat!"

So, we now have a new rule: Izzy only goes out when one of us is outside with her.

Close call.

No comments: