Tuesday, May 31, 2011

One in a row!


Sunshine, glorious sunshine today! It started off cold, around 30º. This was the view out the back window of our RV...


Yes, that is a big mound of snow, and frozen pine needles backlit by the morning sun.

A few more things on the checklist for the cruise boat inspection, but this morning, the marina manager was wondering if there was enough water in the marina basin to launch our rescue boat. I offered to take a kayak out to manually check depths. Here's the view on the way to the dock to get a kayak and head out...


Calm wind, the beautiful Tetons as a background, and getting paid to paddle around in a kayak - and did I mention: sunshine! I used the paddle to check depths and radioed them in. Too soon, I had the area checked and it was time to head in. Then, back to the inspection checklist.

But, the sun was shining! It only got to the mid-50s today, but it finally felt like springtime here in the mountains. I have the next two days off - I may try to find the time to get my own kayak into the water.

No comments: