Tuesday, August 30, 2011

It's Friday!


Yes, I know - it's actually Tuesday. But, it's our "Friday", because we have the next two days off. A 13 1/2 hour day. Beautiful start to the morning...


First mate, Tony, took a photo of me at the helm before we headed out...

It was great to have Tony on the boat again. He was First Mate last season, but came late this year and has been working mostly on the docks. A true southern gentleman, folks enjoy his narration, as do I.

We had a nice group for our breakfast cruise to Elk Island, then 4 scenic cruises for the rest of the day. A Park Service person rode along on our 3:30 cruise and then asked if he could have "a bit of my time." That bit turned into an hour of questions... they are trying to put together a set of standards for boat crews in the National Parks, and he had ridden with me before. He liked what he saw and wanted my opinions for helping determine those standards. I suggested he visit with the marina manager, but he wanted suggestions from "the guy at the helm." He offered to buy me supper after that, but it was time for our sunset cruise.

Just another day at "the office."

19 days to go, and we have the next two off.

No comments: