Monday, August 1, 2011

Mother Nature's in charge...

A long driving day yesterday, some management head-butting, and taking care of business. I had to excuse myself from the big boss, because I had guests who were minutes away from boarding for a cruise... priorities. I'm comfortable that I have mine straight.

This morning, we woke up to a steady rain, and more on the way. We had to cancel the breakfast cruise... two boats. I greeted guests at the front door of the marina to let them know, while Joan and staff handled refunds inside.

As always, Mother Nature is in charge.

---------------------------

On edit:

Getting a chance this evening to post an image - not from today, since we couldn't see the mountains most of the day due to the precip. Yesterday morning, I was in early enough to catch a Teton sunrise... instead of looking east to see the sun, you look to the west to see how the sun plays the light on the mountains.


Before the sunrise, the mountains look blue. As the first rays of light reach above the eastern horizon, the mountain tops turn pink, then that color moves down the mountain. Beautiful to behold.

2 comments:

On The Road Again... said...

Nice picture Jim! The more I see your pictures, the more I miss the Tetons! I can't wait to get back there to take some pictures with my new camera one of these days.

-Gary-

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the kind words. Kinda hard to not take advantage of all the photo ops here - everywhere you turn is another beautiful view. I should take a better camera to work, since these are all done with my little pocket camera... but, it is convenient. Some days I just stop to take it all in; other days, I pull out the camera. Hope it never gets to the point where it feels commonplace.

Best wishes,
Jim