Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Nice rack...

J-Racks. On top of Wild Blue...


These racks by Malone look like a good way to carry our kayaks on top of the boat. Austin Canoe and Kayak had a good sale, so we ordered two sets; they go on without tools, seem reasonably solid, and we'll check 'em out with the kayaks up there one of these days.

Wild Blue also got a new helm seat... I really like Bass Pro Shop. We checked into putting new foam in the existing seat, but decided to try a production seat with firm foam and a taller back. I took the boat out for a test run (sit?) today, and I think this is going to be good. It also sets me up just a bit; great for seeing out the helm windows, but I think I am going to need to make a foot rest... right now, this seat leaves me tip-toeing.

We added a Weber grill to our cooking gear - portable, so it should work well at the house, on the boat, or in the RV. Initial burger testing gave positive results.

A few more updates/upgrades we want to do in the cabin of the boat to make her even more comfortable for some boat cruising. Today was the first day in a while that it wasn't hot and windy... it was comfortably cool and windy. And the damn weather weasels can't seem to be able to take "windy" out of the foreseeable forecasts. But today, it was in the low 70s... with a cool wind, of course. Tomorrow is supposed to be less windy and in the 70s - perfect weather, but no way to cook a turkey on Wild Blue, so I'm guessing we'll be around the house... being thankful.

;-)

No comments: