Friday, February 24, 2012

So, what do you do all day...

... out there in the desert?

Some of you know I am an early riser. When we're home or boat cruising, I often take in the sunrise on the water; one of my favorite times of the day. Out here in the desert, I am over that. Although the sun rising through the smog of Phoenix, to the east of us, can be pretty.

Of course, little Izzy likes to go for walks. She is not a big fan of gravel, though; and if you have ever been to the desert... well, there's a lot of sand and gravel around here. It's what most people have instead of a lawn, and what most RV parks around here are like. Yeah, I miss green. That's not to say there isn't any green around here... but, I'm not a golfer... and that is about the only green these people get to see.

Lunch. We base a lot of our day around lunch plans. And there are a lot of eating options in the big city. And you have to time it... avoid the lunch crowd, who are trying to get in and out on their lunch hour, but don't eat to early or late to mess up your supper appetite. Really, it's not as easy as it sounds.

Did I mention: cat walking?

And the real reason we are here: to see our daughter and son-in-law. As youngsters, they are still working... so, we have to time seeing them around their schedule. And, damn, they are busy. I'm not sure if they're this "busy" when we aren't around here.

Guitar playing. In case I decide to take this act on the road, I have been playing the new guitar way more than the one that got traded in. Like a kid with a new toy. Or a guy with a trophy wife. No, that's not in my schedule. I'm too busy being Joan's trophy husband.

Computer work. There are 4 internet forums that are pretty active that I participate in. By the time you get around to the 4th one, there are more new posts on the first 3. No wonder internet use while at work is a major time-waster. It's not a "time-waster" when it is part of your everyday routine. Joan does computer work, too...


I consider her a "power user," as evidenced by her laptop and the iPad both going at the same time. She wastes time on there by paying bills, checking on stuff I've ordered, and following certain stocks. I don't need that frustration... and if I do, I can drive around the block a few times to watch the price of gasoline go up on each lap.

Gotta run. I'm getting calluses on my fingertips again, and I have to go play before they soften up. Well, after I walk the cat.

No comments: