Monday, April 22, 2013

B. O. A. T.

Every boat owner knows what that stands for: Break Out Another Thousand.  Tomorrow, Wild Blue's trailer gets new 10 ply tires.  The onboard battery charger crapped out... again.  Those two things are going to cover that amount.

Talking with the manufacturer of the battery charger was an exercise in futility.  The "tech support" guy said, "I've never heard of such a thing.  No one has problems with this charger."

I told him, "Well, this is my third one, and in visiting with other boat owners, I know I'm not the only one who has had an issue with this charger... I don't think you'll be able to use the phrase 'No one' after today."  Yeah, he wasn't much help.

Our local boat stuff store had a Guest charger (the model the tech support guy recommended)... when I got there, it was for a trolling motor set-up... I would have to change out the wiring to make it work for a cruising boat application.  I don't think so.

Joan finished scrubbing the interior of the boat: floor to ceiling, stem to stern.  I serviced the bearings and spent time with the multi-meter trying to track down the problem with the charger.  We put in our "8 hour day" on boat stuff.

In the middle of the day, I offered to take the Blonde out for a lunch break.  She suggested our favorite beach (well, bay) bar & grill, that we haven't had an opportunity to get to since we've been back.  "I'll get the scooters out," I offered.

It was a nice break, taking the scooters across the Causeway.  It was warmer and more humid today, but still a pretty fine day in the Tropical Tip; the water looked beautiful as we scooted across the Causeway.  It almost made me want to plunk Wild Blue in... but we'll be leaving soon, and I would just have to bust my butt getting her cleaned up again.  Nope, I'll stick to the plan.

In front of Palm Street Pier...


And inside, looking out at the water...


It really was a nice break from the boat work... and the little scooter escape was refreshing. :-)


No comments: