Sunday, April 14, 2013

Settling in...

I'd like to post about all the fun stuff we did on this gorgeous Tropical Tip of Texas day... with a high around 80º, light breeze, and hazy sun.  But, after getting the 5th wheel put away and the V-Strom taken to meet its new owners, today we had to get some work done.  Joan cleaned the deck and all the patio furniture and did some work on her scooter.  I poured concrete and set a new post by our driveway... the old received some "modification" during the road construction in front of our place.  I found it interesting that an 80# bag of QuickCrete weighs more like 150 pounds!  If my repair doesn't work well, I will have to break out the old concrete and start over... I really don't want to do that.

After the manual labor, I rewarded myself with a short scooter ride around town.  Apparently, people did not get the memo that this is supposed to be "the quiet time after spring break and Holy Week"... town is hopping!

We have a bunch of stuff that we want to get done before we head out again... I don't think there's going to be much in the way of relaxing the rest of our time here.  (Sigh)


No comments: