Thursday, June 12, 2014

Oh! Oh! Oh!


What do you think when you hear that in the middle of the night?

About 4:00 this morning, these rickety ol' bones needed to change position.  I rolled over, pointed my toes and stretched...

Charley Horse!!  Major!  You could see my calf muscles twisting up.  Well, you couldn't see it.  Hell, I couldn't see it - it was dark.

Joan sat up... not sure if I was having a heart attack or a really erotic dream... "What's wrong?!!"

"Cramp!  My leg!  Sorry!  Ow!  Ow!  Ow!"  It took about 10 minutes for the muscle to loosen up.  With me trying not to make noise.  Ever notice how much noise you make by trying not to make noise?

Well, I guess I'm awake for the day.

My dear ol' Mother was right: getting old isn't for sissies.


1 comment:

Bill K said...

Truer word's were never spoken.

" My dear ol' Mother was right: getting old isn't for sissies. "

Bill Kelleher