Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Time to renew our vows?


Today is our anniversary.  A blustery day here in the Tropical Tip; reminiscent of the day we married... in Iowa.  Nahhhh - it was WAY colder in Iowa.  ;-)

This comes up from time to time, but almost always on our anniversary: the discussion of the wedding vows.  The Blonde says she doesn't remember saying it, but I am absolutely certain she promised to "love, honor, and obey."  I promised to "love honor, and cherish."  I have been cherishing like crazy all these years...

Today, she said, "We should re-do the vows and this time YOU can do the obeying thing!"

"So, you admit that's what you said all those years ago?"

Umm... no.

We had a lovely day.  On our first date, back in December of 1969, we went to a movie, then out for pizza.  We talked about grilling steaks today, but Joan said, "Let's do a movie and a pizza."  Yeah, that seemed right.

For my darling wife: Happy Anniversary... I'd do it all again.  Well, I might get that obeying thing in writing.  ;-)


No comments: