Friday, November 27, 2015

Black Friday...


This morning, Joan said, "I'm surprised you're still in bed."  (I'm almost always up before she is.)

"I'm bushed - I got up at 2:00 am to get some Black Friday deals."

"Really?  You were quiet - I didn't hear you," she said.  "Did you get me something?"

"Yes, I did," I said.  "I had to stand in line for 2 hours.  It was worth it for the 3 things I got."

Going along with it, she said, "Three things?  Where'd you go?"

After an appropriate pause, I said, "Well, I don't want to give away the surprise, but... Dollar Tree.  I got two things for 10% off... and one was 25% off!  It was SO worth waiting in line!"

Good thing she has a sense of humor.

We had a nice Thanksgiving.  Started the morning off with a nice visit with Steph on the phone (they are at Dan's folks in the frozen northland.

Instead of marathon cooking, we went out with friends Mike and MJ, to the Thanksgiving Buffet at the Isla Grand Hotel.  They had two seatings: one in the actual dining room, with a view of the pool and the beach; the other in their ballroom.  There was quite a line when we got there... and didn't know if our reservation was for the dining room or the ballroom.  Not that it would make a difference.  When we got to the maitre d' podium, they took us to a very nice table, right at the full wall window - dining with a view...




Good food, plenty of variety, fun conversation, and a view.  And no clean-up.  Downside: no left-overs.  ;-)  That's OK, that means no pumpkin pie that has to be eaten for the next several days.

We left there appropriately stuffed.  Mike and MJ are in the discovery stage of having a home built; before going home, we stopped at their place to look over the plans they had made up.  Looks good... glad it is them.  I don't envy the marathon shopping and decisions.

Oh, and in case you didn't get the joke: no, I wasn't out shopping on Black Friday.

Little Izzy was appropriately thankful for having a good home.  Yes, her cat food yesterday had turkey in it.  She is so sweet...



No comments: