Sunday, November 1, 2015

Didja fall back?


Izzy didn't.

She usually gets breakfast around 7:00.  According to the clock (which changed itself), it was only 6:48.  According to Izzy's belly, I was 48 minutes behind schedule.

She barked.  Really.  One loud bark.  She was down by my side of the bed... she looked embarrassed when rolled over to look at her.  I didn't think she had that in her... apparently, neither did she.

I got up and fed her - all is good in her world.  Joan and I started the process of changing the clocks that don't change themselves.  Joan came into the living room and said, "We have 5 clocks in the bedroom and bathroom."

Seems excessive for retired people.  ;-) 

A lot of beeping coming from the microwave as I changed the clock on that.  You would think I was cooking up a storm... you would be wrong.

Joan opened the door to the deck... it is an absolutely gorgeous morning - nice way to usher in a new month!  The sun is shining, bright blue sky, hardly any breeze, and the best part: 69º and low humidity.  I think this is the first time since we've been home that we have had the door open to enjoy the outdoors.

Big celebration in town today: the World Championship Shrimp Cook-Off.  Pretty sure the competitors are all local, but it sounds good.  No, I haven't developed a taste for shrimp, no matter how you cook it, but it is a fun atmosphere... good music, vendors, food (even stuff other than shrimp).  We plan to meet friends Mike and MJ there.  Pretty sure they will eat shrimp.  Pretty sure I won't.

;-)


2 comments:

Bill K said...

I am with you on shrimp.

To me they just don't have any flavor.

Bill Kelleher

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Living in the "Shrimp Capital of the US," I am careful with what I say. They are not my cup of tea. OK, for that matter, I don't like the taste of tea, either. ;-)