Sunday, November 22, 2015

Editing...


No, I'm not being cautious in what I say.  (That would be "self-editing")

John and Kathy Huggins are full-time RVers, authors, and do a very popular weekly podcast, "Living the RV Dream."  They have done 3 RV related books: "So, You Want To Be An RVer?" "So, You Want To Be A Full-Time RVer?" and "So, You Want To Be A Workamper?"  All good information for those who want more information about the RV lifestyle.  I had done some editing for them previously, and John asked if I'd be interested in doing the same for their newest revision/edition of "So, You Want To Be An RVer?"

Sure.  He let me know there was more information than previous.  If people want to know about picking the RV that is right for their lifestyle (motorhome, 5th wheel, travel trailer, etc); how to buy, finance, insure, and use it; campgrounds, memberships, RV shows, etc, etc - this is a good source to bring you up to speed.  Includes hundreds of internet links for more information.  It was a good read while I did the editing/proof-reading.  I'll be looking forward to seeing the finished version with this new edition.

It was a cool, crisp day in the Tropical Tip - temps in the 50s this morning.  A bit of fall in the air.  The previous couple of days were gray, but we didn't see much precip with this last frontal passage... plenty of wind, though.  It was a good time to dive into a book.

We were out shortly after 9:00 this morning to meet friends Mike and MJ for breakfast at Manuel's; good food and lively conversation.  After breakfast, we came back to the house, where I went back to work on the editing.

Late afternoon, I sent the finished edited file back to John and Kathy.  I worked the kinks out with a walk in the cool weather.  The wind had died down some, beautiful clear sky, with the temperature in the low 60s.  Cool compared to what we've been having, but still nice to be out...


When I got back, the house was full of the smells of fresh baked cornbread... one of my favorites.


No comments: