Friday, September 1, 2017

Touched...


I know some of you are thinking: "Yeah, that boy is touched... touched in the head."

Be that as it may, this is different.  The past week has been filled with the devastation Hurricane Harvey has inflicted on Texas.  First, the Category 4 winds, then the days of incredible rainfall, bringing on the unprecedented flooding.  Hundreds of thousands of people are affected.

Through this, we have seen the heroic efforts of of those helping with the rescue efforts, civilians as well as emergency services personnel.

This morning when I got up, I started my morning routine: change the calendars, feed Izzy, then get Joan's coffee ready to make.  Then I usually sit down to see what is happening in the world, on TV and the internet.  This morning, two e-mails stood out...

Emerald Guitars announcing their September Select Series...


Another gorgeous series, this month with pau ferro wood veneer (a Brazilian wood similar to rosewood).  These Select Series guitars are a monthly release, for 2017, designed and built by Emerald's owner Alistair Hay.  Always something different, and I like that each monthly series is not released on the first of the month (as today's was)... keeps you wondering when it is coming.  They are not always the wood veneers (although I find those the most striking), but each monthly series is unique.

There was another e-mail from Emerald Guitars - this one from Sean, their contact person.  I have dealt with Sean with the Emerald guitars I own, and he is what every Customer Service person should be like.  The e-mail wasn't regarding their new series... halfway across the world (Emerald is in Ireland), they know about the devastation in Texas.  Sean remembered that our home is in Texas and was just writing to let me know that they are thinking about us and hoped with had come through OK.  Nothing to do with trying to sell another guitar, just a caring person reaching out.

I am touched by his thoughtfulness and concern.


No comments: