Thursday, January 4, 2018

Update...


Well, most days around here there is some sort of update.  I have to say I am not a fan of seeing that there's an update for the computer, the iPad, or the phone.  Most of the time, it isn't a problem - once in a great while, it's a crap-fest.

This morning, I was singing and playing... I heard a popping sound when strumming the bass notes on the guitar.  I said to myself, "Self, that doesn't sound good."  I went about trying to isolate the issue: it wasn't the amp.  I switched a bunch of cords around - nope, not the Bose PA.  More switching, and I really hope it isn't the pickup on the guitar.  Nope... but, while I was messing with the guitar, I decided to switch out the battery in the guitar that powers the onboard pre-amp.

OK, where was I?  Oh, yeah, the popping sound.  The only thing I couldn't check on its own is the effects pedal I use for vocal harmonies, reverb, and some guitar EQ.  When in doubt, turn to the internet... I found others who were having some kind of "popping" issue, although not exactly like this.  A check on the manufacturer's website showed that there is a firmware update that "features many new vocal and guitar options... oh, and addresses some minor bugs."

Do you know the definition of a "minor bug?  If someone else is having a problem, that is minor - if you are having a problem, that is major.  I downloaded the update and hooked the pedal to the computer... it didn't take long.  Then, found that all my settings on the pedal were gone.  This particular pedal has a gazillion adjustments... and it takes time to put all the settings into it so you can use it by stepping on one of the three footswitches.  It was confusing and time-consuming when I first got it, but fortunately, since I've had months of experience with it... yeah, it was just as confusing and time-consuming.


By this point, it was about 2:00 pm - time for lunch.  Joan and I were visiting while I cleaned up... I was telling her about an article I read last night that stated: "As we all expected, scientific proof that dogs are smarter than cats."  It went on to explain that dogs have about twice as many neurons in their brains, compared to cats.

Izzy poked her head around the corner... "Fake news!"

She then said, "Have you seen the neighbor's dog crap outside?"

I replied, "Yes."

"Have you ever seen me crap outside?"

"No."

She said, "I rest my case.  But, if you need more evidence - dogs will eat cat crap out of the litter box.  You have never seen a cat eat dog crap."

"Now that you mention it, you are right."

"For the record, there are some who think cats are smarter than humans."

I said, "Well, there are some humans out there that illustrate that."

"Like I said: fake news!"

I think she is feeling better.  That makes my heart happy.

---------------------

On Edit:

Izzy is definitely showing improvement: eating good, curious to see what is going on around the house, and lovey.

A sunset this evening...



I'm thinking the cover may come off the boat for a little cruise tomorrow, if we can get by the dredge.




No comments: