Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day...

Happy Father's Day to those that are. My day started out in a lovely way, with a phone call from our little girl (only 36 years old). I've been fortunate that most years we've been able to be with her on this day, but she and her husband are coming to visit us here in Yellowstone next week. Dan (our Son-in-law) hasn't been here before, and we are excited to show them around so they can see what it is about Yellowstone that made us take a time-out from our retirement.

Yesterday was a beautiful day on the lake - the visibility was unlimited and it actually felt warm in the boat... first time I needed to turn on the vent fans in the boat. We had an ECU problem on the boat on the first run, and I had to have the young first-mate onboard come to the helm and hold the wheel while I went to the engine room and shut down an engine manually so I could restart the computer that runs the "fly by wire" on the throttles. The Ranger kept talking, the passengers didn't seem disturbed, it only took me a couple moments, and we went on with our cruise. The boat is impressive, but like any computer, occasionally it needs to be re-booted... I prefer that it doesn't happen during a cruise, though.

All went smooth after that, and our passengers seem to enjoy the views and the different interpretors we have onboard. I know I enjoy listening to the different perspectives. Besides the scenery, we saw bald eagles on a couple of our trips... that never gets old.

No comments: