Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A day off...

We are now in our regular cycle of time on/time off. I worked the last 8 days straight, and was ready for some time off.

We woke up to a slushy snow this morning, complimented by cold winds. It's June 10th, for goodness sake! I'm beginning to think we are in the land that summer forgot.

The other captain on the Queen shot these photos a few days ago... shows what I've been dealing with for weather.

Captain Jim at the helm.








Docking in the snow. Notice the guy standing next to me with the squeegee - he is clearing the window so I can see out. With the cold and snow outside, it was fogging faster than the defrosters could keep up.






That's the dockhand, waiting to tie off the stern... in the snow. You can see on the dock how much snow fell in the one hour that the boat was out.

No comments: