Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Karma...

A couple of my northern boating buddies implied that all the snow we've been getting (over 6" just today) is because of posting tropical images of our travels the past few winters. Karma. Of course, I deny that that I ever posted photos of dolphins, beaches, and sunsets as any kind of a gloat directed towards my frozen northland buddies.

There is weird weather happening all over the country currently. Local folks tell me that this is the most protracted winter in Yellowstone in 15 years. I can't speak to that, but I can tell you that I am ready for some sunshine and warmth. We moved south to get away from the cold and snow. Karma... indeed.

We drove around a bit, and along the way we stopped to capture this image of a buffalo in the snow...

Hopefully, there is no karma involved here - we had lunch at the Lake Lodge Dining Room, and I had bison stew!

The Lake Lodge Dining Room provides casual dining with a great view and rustic atmosphere. Nice place to spend some quiet time on our day off; we went after the lunch rush and had a quiet, relaxed time.

No comments: