Tuesday, April 13, 2010

How Much For The Boat?

"So, how much are you askin' for your boat?" The question came from a neighbor down the street who was passing by.

"This boat isn't for sale," I replied.

"I've never seen anyone work that hard cleaning a boat if they weren't trying to sell it," he said.

Interesting point. Completely wrong, though.

Mother Nature cut us some slack and I got the rest of the waxing done. Polished up all the stainless... Nev-R-Dull really does a good job. It takes some rubbing, but all that brown stuff on the stainless (would that be a stain?) came off.

Joan was working inside, emptying the cabin of anything critters might eat or nest with. She wiped everything down and vacuumed the carpets.

I emptied the fresh water tank and drained the water heater.

The "piece de resistance": the bilge looked like a science experiment gone bad. I half expected the Creature From The Black Lagoon to pull me in when I reached down there. It was mostly slime... and some scrubbing brought it back to white again. When we picked up the boat nearly 4 years ago, I asked Scott if that area could be used for storage? His response, "Uhhhhhhh, I wouldn't." I understand why not. Wink

Heading for service tomorrow - 100 hour oil and lower unit change. Wild Blue's spa treatment is almost done, then she gets to take it easy for a while.

How much for the boat? Might just as well asked, "How much for one of your kidneys?"

No comments: