Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Last Cruise...

I've driven the last two days while the other captain worked on the docks. At the end of the day today, he asked if he could drive tomorrow - my scheduled day to drive and our last day of cruises.

"Absolutely," I said, "I've had more than my share."

So, tonight for the sunset cruise was my last cruise of the season. And not a crazy person all day. ;-)

It has been a good experience... and we are both looking forward to getting back on the road. As we finished the last cruise and shut down the boats tonight, I said to my first mate, "I am going to miss this."

"Me, too," he said and thanked me for a good summer. We have had a good team here.

There's plenty of work to do, yet. I will spend the next few days getting motors winterized and pulling boats off moorings and put into slips. The marina will close for the season at 5:30 tomorrow.

Yep, my "fun summer job."

----------------

We had a visit today from our friends Herb and Wilma from Port Isabel. They were on their way south from the Pacific Northwest and decided to stop for a quick visit. Great to see them again! I didn't have a lot of time, but they did get to see and experience the Employee Dining Room... probably not the highlight of their trip, but it gave us a chance to visit while we had lunch.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jim, It's been a fun summer following your adventures. The photos were spectacular. what amazing scenery. Safe travels home!
Roger & Janet

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi Roger and Janet,

We're trying to figure out a way to do the Teton gig and still get out to the PNW again for more cruising. Thanks for the nice comments - see you on the Brats.

Jim