Friday, September 10, 2010

Snow level...

Yes, the "S" word. It was a "bonus" day off for me today, the last I'll likely get before we head out in a couple weeks. It rained here most of the day, with snow at the higher elevations. Most of the day, the mountains were shrouded by clouds...


That's what it looked like when I met Joan for lunch. Kinda hard to do a scenic cruise when you can't see much of the scenery, but there were people who wanted to go out. I got to the marina in time to see Joan receive a Moose Pin for giving good customer service. Here she is at the retail counter...

When I came to pick her up after work, the rain had stopped and the clouds had lifted enough to reveal the snow level - about 8,000 feet...

It's supposed to get down in the 20s tonight. I already unhooked the hose and topped off the fresh water tank in anticipation. The next week or so is supposed to be nicer, though. Less than 2 weeks to go.

No comments: