Monday, September 6, 2010

Overkill...

While working on one of the diesel engines today, I managed to stab myself in the pinky finger with a screwdriver. No big deal. I went into the shop to clean it and put a band-aid on. Joan saw me washing it out and said, "You need a tetanus shot."


The assistant-manager got in on that discussion and agreed. So, off to Human Resources to fill out paperwork on my "on the job accident"... it's a stupid little scratch on my pinky for goodness sake! I've done worse here and have the scars on my hands to prove it. HR sent me to the clinic for a tetanus shot.

The doctor asked who dressed my wound... "I did. It's a little gouge - I cleaned it up and put a band-aid on it."

"Good job," he said.

"It's a band-aid on a scratch."

"You can't be too careful with a puncture wound," he said.

"It's a scratch," I replied.

Then I had to pee in a cup - standard operating procedure, after an on-the-job "accident."

IT'S A DAMN LITTLE SCRATCH!!!

After a day of working on boats, I drove the cruiseboat for my last dinner cruise this season. No one even noticed my little band-aid.

;-)

1 comment:

Billy Thompson said...

You gotta love the lawyers that force this c**p.