Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sunrise part 2...

Another early morning out on the boat. It was 0-dark-30 when I left. I took Wild Blue out our canal, down the ICW, and through the swingbridge. This was the view as I pointed the boat towards the east shore of South Padre Island.

It’s generally calm this time of day, but this morning, the wind was out of the southeast at about 10-12 mph... enough to cause some 3 - 4 foot waves as I headed out into the Gulf.
The photo below shows the horizon just beginning to show the early signs of sunrise... Mother Nature’s promise that she will bring light to another day.

This morning, the pelicans were out enforce as the sun peeked over the horizon, evidence that the fishing was good.

And then, the sun was up

By 8:30, I was already half way home. I put the coals to it to get home by 9:00... we have a schedule today: we’re going shopping in Brownsville... and I get lunch at Carino’s!

No comments: