Tuesday, October 12, 2010

When did that happen?

It's been nearly 5 years since we retired. During most of my career, I worked with young people. While I never tried for the status, I often heard what was cool or hip from the kids. Now, I realize that by even using the word "hip", I no longer am. Completely OK with that.

Yesterday, I was looking for a bag to carry my iPad... what I had in mind was a messenger bag type of thing but sure didn't want it to look like a purse. During a quick internet search, I came up with some interesting results... like: "murse", as in: man-purse. One article even said that the iPad may be the first "legitimate reason" for a man-purse. I just wanted a way to carry the iPad without tying up my hands... a shoulder bag just makes sense.

Another article said, "The kid of geek who would carry a man-purse is the same kind of geek who would clip their cell phone to their belt, instead of carrying it in your pocket."

A belt clip - that's a bad thing?? Isn't that a lot of bulk in your pocket with a cell phone in there? Don't your keys scratch your phone screen? It makes me think of an old Mae West line.

So, I found a decent looking leather bag; room for all my stuff. I guess I'm uncool... and totally cool with that. ;-)

2 comments:

Herb Stark said...

Pictures...Pictures. The rest of us want to see how really uncool you are.

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

We'll be home in a few days... you can see it in person.