Sunday, December 19, 2010

Tonic Sol-Fa...

I don't get out much. I've enjoyed watching The Sing Off on NBC, featuring a cappella singing groups. Fun to listen to the tight harmonies, to the point where some of it gives me goose bumps.

Along the Interstate in Sioux City was a billboard for Tonic Sol-Fa, saying that they are playing at the Orpheum Theatre tonight. Never heard of 'em. Didn't think much about it. Here with my Mother, I was running through the TV channels this afternoon and came across Iowa Public TV... there were 4 guys singing a cappella that blew me away. Yep - Tonic Sol-Fa. I looked them up on the internet...

http://www.tonicsolfa.com/

While I'm not going to be able to get away to their holiday show this evening, I thought I'd share this. Great voices, superb arrangements. Nice holiday special on IPTV.

No comments: