Friday, December 30, 2011

A foggy start...


Quite foggy this morning, even after the wind came up. We talked about loading the kayaks on Wild Blue and heading out for some time on both conveyances... the wind continued to build, so we were "all dressed up," but decided to hang around the home front... er, the boat front.


We spent a couple hours at anchor - Joan made great phillies for lunch, then some lounging and game playing. Another pretty day after the fog lifted, so lots of people out on boats.

Coming back in...


And, a try at uploading a short video of the same thing...




If it doesn't work, it's no big loss - just an attempt to post something with the new small waterproof video Steph and Dan gave us.

And, little Izzy by the boat at the dock - she's ready to go!

5 comments:

firestock said...

Hi JIm. The video worked and looked great. Just too short. Keep 'em coming. Happy New Year to you and Joan.

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Thanks, firestock. Joan says it doesn't show up on the iPad. My first attempt, and with our mediocre connection speed down here, I kept it very short. Hey, there may come a time when I have something more interesting to video... just wanted to see if it worked.

firestock said...

Hi JIm. Sorry I should have identified myself further. It is Sam Walker from CA. I looked at the video w/ a Mac Book using Chrome. Hope this helps...

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Ah... Hi Sam. I'm on the iPad now and no video. Must be using flash. Good luck on planning the escape. As long as you are both "on board", it's all good.

Best wishes,
Jim

Bill K said...

Jim,
I don't know if you will see this as I started from the beginning of you blog.

What I would like to know is how much the kayak's effect your radar when you have them in the roof rack ?

Thank You

Bill Kelleher

PS I am going to have to downsize and am interested in C Dory's