Sunday, December 11, 2011

It's been a while...

I was a professional photographer for over 32 years. Since retiring, I haven't had to deal with a deadline, weather on location shoots, clothing and prop consultations, proofing, retouching, etc, etc, etc. A friend of ours is trying to break into the music business - he has recorded a CD and is working with a promoter... and, of course, he needs images for his promotion package. Coincidentally, he is the guy who built our house down here.

When he called to see if I would shoot something for him, Joan reminded me that we have some work in our storage area that needs to be addressed. "Yeah, I'm sure we can work something out."

I have turned down plenty of shooting requests since we retired (other than my brief stint at the arts and entertainment publication), but this meant no money would need to be exchanged. So, today, I was a photographer once again. Complete with a painted background, a tripod (haven't used one of those in years), location work, clothing consult, and all those etcetras above. Five different outfits, with and without hats and glasses, on a Harley... goodness, I had nearly forgotten what all went into a shoot. But, just like riding a bike, all the lighting and posing, along with camera handling, came right back.

So, didja miss it?

I won't be giving up my day job anything soon... oh, yeah, I don't have a day job. ;-)

No comments: