Saturday, December 24, 2011

Let the games begin...

It's a Christmas tradition we established a few years ago, when we became involved with the Angel Tree program at Steph and Dan's school. We have always played some sort of games on Christmas... as well as the usual gift exchange.

The decision was made to go easy on gifts for each other, and put the money and effort into the Angel Tree. Of course, I suggested that in the spirit of "it is better to give than receive," they could all still give me a bunch of stuff. ;-) Yes, I'm kidding - we divide our time amongst a small home, a boat, and an RV, none of which has an abundance of excess space. We try to go by the "something in - something out" rule.

So, what we do for the games: the winner gets to pick a number, the number corresponds to a small gift. Then there are the directives (Joan's idea)... such as: give the gift to the person on your right. Or: you may steal one gift (I really don't like that one). Or: you may trade this gift with one already opened. I suggested that we go with "give your gift to Jim"... yeah, that got shot down, too.

There will be board games, dice games, card games. Each person has a dollar limit to work with and a set number of gifts, so that the exchange works out. By drawing for numbers, you may get your own gift (yes, I picked out stuff I like).

Merry Christmas one and all.

No comments: