Monday, December 5, 2011

Lights off, lights on...


I took the lights off Wild Blue today. It took the better part of 6 hours to get her decorated, less than 2 hours to get the lights off. Here's a portion of the lights...


I had someone ask how we did with prizes... with the gift certificates and stuff, the value was over $200. I spent about $80 on new lights (plus what I already had for lights), so I guess you could say we came out ahead on the deal. Well, until you figure in about $300 worth of tie-wraps and twist-ties!

As I took lights off the boat, I went to work on decorating the back deck on the house. Yeah, another couple hours of hanging lights and more tie-wraps... and no "pay off." ;-) Well, during that time frame, we were also trying to stuff excess lights back into boxes.

No sunset tonight - the anticipated cold front blew in... it barely made it to 60ยบ today, with a raw north wind. Here's a look at the house as darkness fell...


Not everyone has a boat, but there are other Christmas parades - tonight was the Lighted Golf Cart Parade on our island...


Since you can get right up next to these (unlike the boats), I have to say that I think these folks were having more fun than the boat drivers... people are standing outside their homes as the carts go by, and more than a couple are topping off hot-toddies, something you can't do out on the water. Oh, and yes, we are on an island, in a gated community... with our own security.

Big fun!

And just because she hasn't been featured for a while, here's little Izzy on a pillow this morning...


Joan decorated inside the house today while I was taking lights off the boat. Izzy isn't so sure about all this "stuff" in her house.

Happy Holidays!

No comments: