Monday, December 19, 2011

Oh, the weather outside is frightful...

We had a drizzly rain much of yesterday, when I was working on the car and had to leave the door open with most of my body hanging out. But, the wind wasn't blowing.

This morning, the wind is blowing like stink; partly sunny with fast-moving low scuddy clouds. According to the thermometer, it was 70º when I got up. I pulled up weather to see what the wind speed was, and...



Whoa! It sure didn't feel like 38 below zero when I went out to check on the boat... in a t-shirt and shorts. I'm guessing that's just a bit off. I pulled up the Weather Channel online - it said the temp is 55º. Well, that's only off by about 20º. Maybe this is where the local weather weasels get their forecasts? ;-)

Oh, and the wind? It's currently blowing at 26 with higher gusts. And the real temp is somewhere around 76º.

No comments: