Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I'm a loafer, she's my chauffer...


Anyone get the old Grand Funk Railroad reference? ;-)

Still feeling lousy today, but I suggested to Joan that we go out for lunch, but she should drive. The weather was absolutely spectacular. While having lunch, Joan said, "I should take you out for a boat ride."

"That would be nice," I said, expecting to do the driving. I took off the window covers and got the boat ready to go, while Joan got drinks and cameras. She slid onto the helm seat and said, "I've got this." I sat back on the co-pilot seat while she went outside to take lines off, then back to the helm, and rotated the boat in our canal, and headed out.


We cruised out to the Gulf, then played around in the jetties. Not a lot of people out on boats, even with this beautiful weather - I guess everyone is back to work or school. There were excursion and fishing boats out, but not a lot of people on them.

While coming back up the ship channel, I laid in the v-berth for a short nap. I heard the motor pull back and asked, "What's up?"

"Dolphins!"


We hung around for a while, watching them play before heading back in. It was nice to get chauffered around.

No comments: