Monday, January 23, 2012

Dry wash...

An oxymoron. Like, jumbo shrimp, or rap music.

At the RV show we attended in the Rio Grande Valley, I bought a waterless wash kit. It has a great extending brush that uses attached miracle cloths to put some of the "stuff" on it, then rotate it to the dry side to wipe it off. That's the premise.

In use... well, it works. I did over half the coach yesterday in less than an hour, then finished it up today. Maybe a bit less work than scrubbing the exterior down with soapy water, rinsing it, then drying it. But, the big deal with it is a lot of RV parks do not let you wash your rig on the site. After a day or three or 4 on the road, the coach gets pretty grubby. I was concerned that dirt would get ground into the finish, but if there is grit on there, I think I would still wash it with water before using this stuff.

Keep in mind where we are... this is the same park that doesn't allow cargo trailers. Oh, you can have a shed, a dog run, or leave your crap all over your site, but you can't have a nice-looking cargo trailer to keep it all contained out of site. But, I digress... I have no doubt that we would get a demerit, or be shunned, or get some sort of black mark on our permanent record if we tried to wash the coach. In spite of that, I did use some soap and water in a bucket and then a brief hosing with fresh water to knock the bugs off before using the waterless wash... and that worked really well.

It is now an hour after a finished the coach... and the sky is looking pretty dark off to the southwest. Sheesh!

No comments: