Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Jacking me around...

Problems with the front landing gear jacks again. They quit while trying to get level on a very uneven site last night. Turned out to be a blown fuze. This morning while retracting the jacks, they quit again. I was in a hurry to make some miles, so I just cranked them up by hand.

After a long driving day of nearly 400 miles into west Texas (and still 200+ miles to go to get through it), we are down for the day. It's not the fuze. I check continuity on the wiring, the switch, and all the connections - they seem fine. Big ol' pain in the butt. For tonight, we are in a site that is reasonably level... but, if I have to drop the 5th wheel for any reason (and I will have to at some point, I am in deep doo-doo.

I've run through my ideas of what to check. We are going to have to find some service somewhere to get this taken care of.

No comments: