Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Purchase...


Some of our friends seem to think we came here to buy another boat. Truly, Wild Blue suits us just fine. But, today, we did the "In The Water" portion of the boat show...


BIG boats. I don't think Big Red is up to towing these. ;-) And for our sailing friends, yes, we checked out the sailing options...


A 27' Hunter was the smallest boat there. For the power side of things, a North American 28 was the smallest thing on the water. We did look at some bigger stuff, too...


This one has a little more walking around space than Wild Blue. Without getting crazy, I did pick out my "If I Win The Lottery" boat...


And, inside...


Joan was feeling pretty comfortable at the helm of this one...


I nearly got a nosebleed after the climb to that upper helm.

Lots of fun. Oh, and that purchase... it wasn't a boat, but we did buy a couple of neat do-dads for quick deployment of fenders; seems that we pick up some of those at every boat show we go to... and sometimes they actually work. We bought a few more little odds and ends; I enjoy seeing "the better mousetrap" that inventors come up with for things that we didn't even know we needed.

The new Raymarine chartplotters are impressive. I haven't worn ours out, yet; but when I do, these will deserve strong consideration.

It's been fun seeing folks, checking out new boats, and getting a chance to be immersed in the type of boats that we enjoy... even if none of them were C-Dorys.

3 comments:

andwilliesaid said...

The suspense was killing me!

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Come on, Wilma - you didn't really think we'd trade of Wild Blue, didja? ;-)

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Um, that's trade OFF, not trade of. Duh.